ATOL is a government backed consumer protection scheme. An ATOL Licence is required by law when a business:-
- Sells flight-inclusive packages;
- Sells charter flights;
- Sells scheduled flights where an airline ticket is not issued straight away;
- Arranges or sells a Flight Plus.
Travel agents selling flights as an agent for ATOL holders do not require their own ATOL license, providing that these sales are documented correctly.
At Serenity Travel Professionals we are on hand to give you clear, accurate and up to date advice and support through your initial ATOL Licence application process by:-
- Giving guidance on the most appropriate type of ATOL for you, and the categories to be covered;
- Completing or reviewing your ATOL application form,
- Drafting or advising upon your business plan and other supporting documentation,
- Advising upon and re-working your financial projections to ensure your application stands the best chance of success,
- Liaising, negotiating and corresponding with the CAA throughout the ATOL application process,
- Attending any necessary meetings with you and the CAA,
- Giving support and advice about the meeting of the final ATOL Licence grant requirements
- Advising you about and helping you to arrange any bonding, trust account or other security requirements.
- Negotiating with the CAA about trust structures in place of an ATOL bond;
Remember: we are always on hand to give you an initial free consultation about what your travel business may require; or you can find more information and guidance on ATOL here.